December 28, 2009 § Leave a comment
December got away from me in a hurry. I think there was so much to catch up on with Metropolis Marketing and with my personal life, that I didn’t have as much time to keep this updated.
The show closed on December 24 to a full house and a standing ovation. Everyone at Metropolis was pleased with the show and the audiences responded very enthusiastically. I had a great time working on it – and though it’s a TON of work for the actors, I think they had a great time as well.
Here are a few statistics on the show that you might find interesting:
- 23 actors including the three playing Tiny Tim
- Those actors came from a general audition of over 900 actors
- 10 backstage crew at every show
- 47 young actors in the children’s chorus rotated throughout the shows
- Over 100 costumes
- 13 bags of dry ice used in every show
- Besides myself, the director, on the creative team, there was an assistant director, musical director, choreographer, stage manager, assistant stage manager, child coach/wrangler, light designer, sound designer, master electrician, set designer, props designer, costume designer and her assistant, a technical director and head carpenter, the Casting/Artistic Director and the Executive Director
I can personally say it was an extremely rewarding project. I’m proud of the show and I think we’re in a good position to remount this newer version for next year. I made friends in the process too. And though I’m sad it’s over, I’ve been enjoying things like, being home, eating food while not in a rush, and breathing. Sleeping too. It’s been fun to rediscover those things.